Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ska Parade 20th Anniversary Tour [Tour Dates]


The Ska Parade : Official | Facebook

Ska music played an important part of my upbringing during my formative High School years. I wasn't around when the 3rd Wave initially hit but it's influence was still prominent in the early 2000s. Days of barre chords and brass horns helped to brighten up dreadful days at school. The first Ska comp I picked up at a record store was Step On It: The Best of The Ska Parade Radio Show and the only reason why I bought it was because Sublime was on it. It introduced me to the likes of The Voodoo Glow Skulls, Ocean 11, and The Skeletones. Later I found out the host of the show, Tazy Phyllipz, was the guy who put in motion Sublime's path onto Kroq and national exposure. I contacted Tazy to see if we could set up an interview but just as I thought, he's a busy man. No worries. Many thanks to Tazy for always providing the best in Ska music and for continuously pushing the advancement of Ska music. If you're looking for a fun show be sure to check out one of the Ska Parade 20th Anniversary Tour Dates if they swing by your town.


Tour Dates:
2/03 Monkey + Gogo 13 + Warsaw Poland Bros + The FuDogs + The Skank Agents @ The Slidebar in Fullerton, CA | More Info
2/04 Soma in San Diego, CA | More Info
2/05 Fulton 55 in Fesno, CA | More Info
2/18 Bottom Of The Hill in San Francisco, CA | More Info
2/19 The Phoenix Theater in Petulama, CA | More Info

<->Nativity<->

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words Noel! Much Cheers!
    Musically yours from your longtime ska amigo - Tazy

    ReplyDelete