Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rome Promotions present: Riton at Los Globos 2/16/12 [Concert Review]


riton | romepromotions

First thing I would like to thank romepromotions for their generosity of having me at the riton show. I will definitely check out another event by rome. It was a great thursday night on Sunset Blvd in LA because Riton from carte blanche (R.I.P. dj mehdi ) was in town. And let me tell you i was ready for this dj set with my Pabst Blue Ribbon in one hand and a tissue in the other (just in case if I couldn't handle any mehdi songs without tearing up a bit).



photos from the event are available here.

I didn't really know what to expect from Riton, but let me tell you he started out with a bang and ended with a bang. His style is a very fast paced bpm of old school disco dance music mixed in with new electronic dance music (not radio played out stuff). If that does not make sense here's some samples of a few track he dropped, brodinski ft lousiahh "let the beat control your body", and his own track called "dark place".


Riton is a fast paced dance music machine, not too many can jock his style of play in my opinion. He also brings his A game to the decks especially with his dance moves. It shows he is passionate of what he plays and gets the crowd into it, which i love because you don't really see that these days with a lot of djs. I can see why mehdi and riton decided to start carte blanche because they both have similar style and passion. I can't forget half way thru his set he dropped "Gare Du Nord" by Carte Blanche. This track pretty much sums up the night of music played by Riton.


No tears were shed at the end of the night. Just a lot of good vibes, great music, and an awesome crowd. If your ever in LA check out club los globos, a very intimate spot where you can just chill, and listen to good music and not have to worry about that fake hollywood crowd. Good drink prices and great sound. As far as Riton is concerned, if he is ever in your neck of the woods I highly advise to attend and dance the night way because you will. I would also like to thank romepromotions again for putting on great show with Riton. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment