Monday, February 6, 2012

JR & PH7 + Brokn.Englsh + St.Joe Louis - My Favourite Demons EP [New Release + Music Video]

Being a college student, working a part time job, and of course being the very lucky intern at the lovely Dank Radio, i do a lot of my work in the ungodly hours of the morning. On a particular night, feeling a little burnt out and overwhelmed i took a step back from my work to offer my ears and pounding brain a little bit of TLC. Surfing various hip hop blogs for something new, It didn't take me long at all to stumble across JR&Ph7's newly released project, in collaboration with New Jersey hip hop artists Brokn.Englsh and Saint Joe Louis "My Favourite Demons EP." Never hearing of these people before i decided, "what the hell let's see if my ears like this," and to my surprise it was love at first play. To be frank, I didn't know who exactly produced or created this beautiful melding of sound and lyrics, hell i didn't even care, all i knew was that it spoke to my soul, something that most commercial hip hop has failed to do for me in recent months.



JR & PH7 : Bandcamp | Twitter - Broken English : Twitter - St. Joe Louis : Twitter

After abusing the play button on the "New High/Try" video i decided to do a little bit of detective work. It turns out JR & Ph7 are actually a Production Duo hailing all the way from Cologne, Germany who have established themselves quite well within the international hip hop scene. "My Favourite Demons" is the third project of the production duo who have already released two acclaimed projects previously entitled, "The Standard" in 2009 and "The Update" in 2010. The collaboration with New Jersey's Brokn.Englsh and St. Joe Louis came about during JR & Ph7's US circuit in 2011. After vibing with each others musicality work and production for this beauty of a project went into play.


I've got to say "My Favourite Demons EP," has really left my ears enamored. It's the perfect balance between a heavy beat, cool tones, and straight forward, thought evoking lyrics. It's almost as if i found the balance between house and hip hop with a formidable east coast feel. Both New Jersey trio's, Brokn.English and St. Joe Louis speaks to their listeners lives and experiences by sharing excerpts of their own. If i could use one word to describe it would be "Vibe" because once you throw this on you can't help but bob your head and let it take you away for the next 9 tracks. The "My Favourite Demons EP" is available for purchase now [purchase @ iTunes], and if you love what you're hearing i suggest you avoid sleeping on this one. Pick it up, play it, and let it take you away.

For the Love of Music,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment