Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Daughter - Tomorrow [Live Audio]


Daughter : Facebook | Twitter

I've been screening + blogging music for the past 6 hours or so. I was going to bookmark this and post it later on tonight, but I knew her vocals were just going to resonate through my mind and keep me awake. I've had a previous live video of her performing "Run" bookmarked that I was going to share, but it got lost with all of numerous songs, EPs, and LPs I still have to listen to. There's just something about Elena's haunting voice that captures my attention. Picture a rainy day on a main street somewhere in a mid level city. You need to escape the downpour as you're becoming soaking wet and so you enter this random coffee shop to dry off. As you shake your coat off you turn around and here this voice that begins to draw you in. Normally you'd need a cup of coffee to warm you up, but this time it's different. You start to radiate warmth from your core outward towards your extremities. You both exchange a quick gaze, she smiles, and continues performing. But in that moment, that brief moment when her eyes entered yours, something happened. It's never happened before and you need to know why and you can't help but want more...



Nativity

No comments:

Post a Comment