Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Temper Trap - Rabbit Hole [Track Preview + Forthcoming Album]


The Temper Trap has been one of my all-time favorite bands to listen to wherever I am and whatever I'm doing. This Australian band's album Conditions was released more or less 2 1/2 years ago and after having their single "Sweet Disposition" featured on (500) Days Of Summer (or as I like to sometimes refer to as 500 Days Of Bummer; you'll get it if you watch the movie), they were launched into the mainstream and almost everyone around me knew who they were, even if they didn't listen to a whole lot of indie rock music. I was pretty excited when I saw this posted up yesterday because I've been waiting for the day that The Temper Trap announces their next album.


The video above is the preview of a track off their forthcoming self-titled album The Temper Trap. It's still got the crooning voice of singer Dougi Mandagi and the somewhat dark feel that some of the tracks on Conditions had, and at least for this song, it has an edgier sound to it. I'm not sure if this is how the rest of the album is going to sound, but hopefully when I get to see them play in two weeks at the Glasshouse in Pomona, CA, I'll hopefully find out how their new album might sound!

The Temper Trap's already released the track listing and release dates throughout the world for the new album as well tour dates for their upcoming tour starting this month in Los Angeles at the El Rey Theater and they will be going around the US and the UK in the next couple of months.

The Temper Trap - The Temper Trap
Tracklisting:
1. Need Your Love
2. London's Burning
3. Trembling Hands
4. The Sea Is Calling
5. Miracle
6. This Isn't Happiness
7. Where Do We Go From Here
8. Never Again
9. Dreams
10. Rabbit Hole
11. I'm Gonna Wait
12. Leaving Heartbreak Hotel


Release dates:
May 18  - Australia/NZ (Liberation) + Germany (Infectious/PIAS)
May 21 - UK/Europe (Infectious/PIAS)
June 5  - US (Glassnote/Columbia) + Canada (Glassnote/Universal)




No comments:

Post a Comment