Monday, March 12, 2012

Dismantle - Detonate / 2 In 1 (Limited 12") [Forthcoming Release - 03/16/12]



If you've been keeping up with current bass music, then you should definitely recognize the name Dismantle (aka Will Knighton). He's a 19-year-old producer from Brighton, UK who's been making a name for himself in the bass music scene with his infectious tracks that sound like the lovechild among dubstep, moombahton, and dutch house.






Dismantle's first massive single on N-Type's Wheel & Deal Records, "Computation," was heavily supported by the likes of Skream and Benga on BBC Radio 1 as well as Mistajam on BBC Radio 1Xtra. A good number of his other recent tracks like "Word Dance," "Clone," and "Last Line" have been in heavy rotation on other radio shows as well as in many DJ sets. I actually just picked up his "Broke / Times Up" release last month and it might not sound like his more recent bouncy club tracks, but they're still huge bass bangers nonetheless. Dismantle's tracks always make me want to jump or bounce up and down, whether it's in my room, at the radio station when we're doing the show, or in my car as other drivers stare at me as if I look like a crazy person (I probably do, but who cares?!)

  


This particular 12" release is definitely a special one because not only is there a limited pressing of 300, it has a gold screen printed cover, an embossed inner sleeve, and it's hand numbered (in gold pen). This release is also the first release on Kutz and DJ Primecuts' new dubstep label, Black Gold Records. So do yourselves a favor, like I'm probably about to do sometime this week when I can scrounge up the money, and pre-order this banger before it goes out of stock!

No comments:

Post a Comment