Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Parasol - Spacetalk (Live)


My Parasol : Official | Facebook | Vimeo | Bandcamp

My Parasol = Susan Park + Mark Redito a.k.a. Spazzkid. A local Los Angeles based group that creates soothing electronic tunes. You can see for yourself from the video above which depicts their latest creation titled Spacetalk (Live). Enough of me talking, here's My Parasol to explain it in detail...

"This live video of "Spacetalk" was filmed and directed by Daniel Chae on a brisk autumn afternoon. A spot was found about a mile into a wooded area where we lugged all our gear, set up, and jammed away. Daniel and I prepped this video for about a month before we actually shot. Shooting the video in a forest was very intentional. We wanted to explore the idea of recording our sound which is largely electronic, in a very natural uncontrolled setting. As an electronic musician, being without a steady source of power and being under the mercy of the elements is an uncomfortable situation to be in. All we had were the bare essentials and about 3 hours of battery life at best. But we made it happen and the whole experience paid off. A big thanks to Daniel and his crew for everything. We had a blast.

Credits:
Daniel Chae - Director/Producer
Grace Baek - 2nd Camera
Steve Lee - Sound Engineer"


Purchase @ My Parasol's Bandcamp

Upcoming Show:

More info here

Bonus download: Turbo Goth and Spazzkid - Morning Swim (Spazzkid Vocal Remix) (192mp3) [A constant track in all of my opening sets and now you have it for your listening pleasure. Spazzkid send me the high quality file ;)]

<->Nativity<->

No comments:

Post a Comment