Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Infrasonics - Volume 1


Hello everyone, Tim aka fabricated here writing the first of many weekly pieces to come covering different kinds of music, particularly electronica and bass music such as UK garage, drum and bass, and dubstep. Each week, I’ll be sharing with you a few of my weekly picks, whether it’s a more recent release or a banger from a while ago. I’ll also be posting up any mixes or tracks I make in the future here as well. Enjoy and check weekly for a new selection of tracks by me!

Bop - Enjoy The Moment (Unquote Remix) [Purchase @ Beatport | Juno]
I’ve been playing out this track for a few weeks now and it’s seriously the soundtrack to my late night drives home. Very ambient sounding dubstep with a strong yet calming drop. I highly suggest checking out Bop’s album Clear Your Mind as well as the remix EP Remix Your Mind, both out on Med School Records (Hospital Records’ more experimental sister record label).

Bop - Enjoy The Moment (Unquote Remix) by Unquote & Mr Sizef

The XX - Crystalised (Dark Sky Remix) [Purchase @ Bleep | Beatport | Juno]
The XX’s XX album is one that I always find myself listening to in my car and at school when I’m studying all the time, so coming across the remixes of the singles was a treat for me when I ran across them and next to the Nosaj Thing remix of “Islands”, this is probably my next favorite remix of The XX. Very garage-y beat with a simple and effective bassline with a top synth that kind of reminds you of Laidback Luke and Steve Angello’s mix for “Show Me Love” by Robin S.

Crystalised - The xx (Dark Sky Remix) Out Now! by Dark Sky

Little Dragon - Recommendation (Toddla T Remix) [Purchase @ Beatport | Juno]
I actually found this track just digging through various online music stores looking for a few tracks to put into the mix I made for the most recent Dank Radio broadcast. What I really love about this track is the deep bass and how it hits hard without sounding like a chainsaw ripping through your eardrums. Recommendation (pun intended): check out the original track – it’s just as catchy and dance-y as this remix.

Download: Little Dragon - Recommendation (Toddla T Remix)

Utah Jazz - Take No More (N-Type Remix) [Purchase @ Beatport | Juno]
This track is like a well-designed roller coaster to me because first you encounter the smaller drop on a roller coaster that prepares you for what you’re about to encounter; after the turn that follows that, you see the crazier drop and you realize what’s about to happen, so you hold tight and prepare for that gut-wrenching drop. That’s pretty much what this track is for me: a well-designed roller coaster.

Stream : Utah Jazz - Take No More (N-Type Remix)

Calvin Harris - Flashback (Goldie Remix) [Purchase @ Beatport | Juno]
No joke, the moment I first heard the crescendo of the first second of this track, I already knew I was going to like this. I really enjoyed Calvin Harris’ Ready For The Weekend album as well as some of the remixes of the singles, but I really found myself loving this drum and bass remix and, thanks to Nativity, also Nero’s remix of “You Used To Hold Me”. I recommend checking out the video for the original version of “Flashback” by Calvin Harris. Fun fact: Goldie was in the James Bond film The World Is Not Enough.

Calvin Harris - Flashback (Goldie Remix) by PistuTM

<->Nativity<->

No comments:

Post a Comment