Monday, December 27, 2010

Daft Punk - Tron Legacy [Album Review]


Purchase Daft Punk - Tron Legacy: Amazon | iTunes

Before I start I'm going to state two things 1) I use the term "Album Review" very lightly. (I don't know how else to categorize the following) 2) SPOILER ALERT (Not really). Now with that out of the way I can proceed to let the dam wide open and have the random observations flow.

I haven't read much of the reviews out there in the digital realm but I have heard quite a few comments from local humans walking around chatting about this release. Many were expecting a continuation or return of Alive 2007. Being that they have been lying low for a few years you would expect that. But one must remind themselves that what they created for the movie Tron: Legacy is a soundtrack.

Daft Punk - Tron: Legacy OST Preview by eugenekhan

In addition to it being a soundtrack you might even stop to think about what music is. Eccentric made this point right after we watched the movie. Music doesn't necessarily have to have an AABA structure. There are other ways one can express themselves musically to get their point across.

By combining those two points I've come to realize that what Daft Punk intended to create wasn't their next album of french house classics but rather the jelly to the peanut butter of the Tron movie itself. And everyone knows you can't have peanut butter without the jelly...


<->Nativity<->

No comments:

Post a Comment