Thursday, December 30, 2010

Infrasonics - Volume 2


So it’s almost the new year and I’m pretty excited for what’s coming up this year. A new semester at school (somewhat sarcastic “yay!”), a new year’s resolution (which most of us forget after a month), and new music upcoming this year! So for this post, I’m going to write about a few tracks I’m excited to hear and see released this year and a few of my picks for the end of this year. Enjoy! - fabricated

Far East Movement - Like A G6 (Bare Remix)
I don’t know about you guys, but for me, “Like A G6” was (and still is) pretty much the party anthem for this year. So for an awesome Los Angeles dubstep producer like Bare to make a filthy remix of this year’s soundtrack to your inebriation is definitely something to look forward to next year.

BARE - GEE6SIX RMX - Forthcoming (PlayMe) by BARE

REDS feat. Tehbis & Fee Lups - Green Lanes
I first heard this track on Zero T’s Fabriclive 52 mix and to be honest, sometimes I just pop in the CD and skip to track 29 (this track) just to hear this. I love the vocal “oohs” in the intro that lead into the very groovy hip hop beat which then just leads into one of the cleanest and most head bobbing drops I’ve heard this year.

REDS feat. Tehbis & Fee Lups - Green Lanes (Forthcoming Footprints) by REDS

Modestep - Feel Good
Live band + that resampled/downsampled bassline (the “WOOOW!” or the “WHOMP!” sound) + a catchy hook = this song. Enough said, I’m stoked for this to be released.


Blame feat. Ruff Sqwad - On My Own (Drumsound & Bassline Smith Remix) [Purchase @ Beatport | Juno ]
For the past two weeks, I’ve been listening to this track and humming the melody to myself. Highly recommend this as well as the Doctor P remix of Star by Blame feat. Camilla Marie


Katy B - Katy On A Mission [Purchase @ Juno ]
If I had to make a playlist of tracks that get me stoked to be going to a party, this would definitely be on the top 5 (at least for this year). Katy B knows her way to a catchy vocal hook; Benga’s bassline complements the vocals excellently.


<->Nativity<->

No comments:

Post a Comment