Thursday, January 27, 2011

Infrasonics – Volume 6


My schedule for school sucks, but for some reason, I'm still stoked for this semester. What does school have to do with this Infrasonics post? I have 4-5 hour breaks from Monday to Thursday and so I just have way too much time and one of the things I choose to do on that long break is...eat...and also, write this post. Anyways, let's continue on with some tracks for this week.

Caspa – Neck Snappah [Purchase: Beatport – Exclusive]



Here's a big track from Caspa, just released two days ago, it's the first release from Sub Soldiers for the year and for a few months now considering their last release was Caspa's Love Never Dies – Back For The First Time EP which included "Geordie Racer" featuring Sub Scape. Anyways, this track has a huge sub bass along with that heavy wobble that is akin to tracks by Skream (check out "Wibbler" and "WTF" by Skream to see what I'm talking about) along with punchy drums that hit as hard as the bassline.

dBridge / Instra:mental – From The Start / Detuned Heart [Purchase: Bleep | Juno | Beatport]




I really enjoy a lot of the stuff that dBridge and Instra:mental release just because their tracks sound minimalistic while at the same time having a huge atmosphere to work with that fills your ears with just the right amount of bass, reverberated drums with a lot of swing on it, and ambient pads to fill out the space. If you're big on more of the ambient/atmospheric sounding drum and bass, be sure to check this release out and also their Fabriclive release.

Various Artists – Pure Dubstep (unmixed tracks + continuous DJ mix by DJ Darkside) [Purchase: Juno | Beatport]




Just thought I'd put this release on here because I just picked it up a few days ago on Juno Download and I'm totally diggin' 20 tracks that come with this compilation. Plus, the DJ mix by DJ Darkside that comes with this is a pretty enjoyable 49 minute listen. It features more of the darker, what many people call "real dubstep" and it was definitely worth the 10 dollars I spent to download this in FLAC.

Phillysoundsystem – Can You Feel


I know I covered Phillysoundsystem in the last post, but I thought I would put this up because he just uploaded this track 2 days ago. I saw this track while browsing through my Soundcloud tracks feed for people that I'm following, and since I really enjoy this guy's productions and releases, I just thought I'd share another. This track has a vocal hook throughout with some guitar riffs and I know that I would drop this track in one of my sets. The build ups just get you up there and when the drops come, that's where the hands go up and the heads start bobbing (or headbanging, if that's how you roll). Check out Phillysoundsystem's Soundcloud for more sick dubstep and grime tracks.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment