Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Coachella Cornucopia I - Madeon [Tour Dates]


Madeon : Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Now that we have the full line up for this years Coachella, the fun activity of learning about each performer begins. There are a little over 120 artists this year and a little under 90 something days until the festivities begin in Indio, California. I'd like to think I'm familiar with about a third of the line up so this will not only help me explore new musical realms, but it'll help you get familiar as well. I'll try my best to keep this daily. There's a lot of madness between now and April so forgive me if I miss a day or two. Let's begin...


17 year old Madeon burst onto the scene like a pimple outbreak on a prepubescent teen. I first heard about him last year when he completed his remix of Deadmau5's Raise Your Weapon. The original was a fun dubstep diddy, but this dude from France totally flipped the track. I thought he was cool and then I heard his remixes for Yelle and Pendulum. I couldn't believe how intricate his production was. Even his originals Shuriken and For you were really good as well. I thought, "Could this be the next Porter Robinson?" To my surprise they were buddies on twitter. I suppose it is a small world after all.

Deadmau5 - Raise Your Weapon (Madeon Remix) @ Pete Tong 05.13.11 by Madeon | Purchase @ Beatport

He was strictly a producer at first. I think he tweeted one day something to the affect of I'll give DJing a shot. I thought, "Kid you're going to have to perform live. The demand is already there and well there's no other way to make a decent paycheck." Unlike most who start as strict producers and then jump to CDJs, he went for the controller set up w/ Novation pads + Ableton. Alright, okay this could be interesting. Then he shared his mash up video online and I knew this was a kid to pay attention to. He wasn't as dynamic as Daedelus or beat based like Thavius Beck, but he was definitely mashing up in key. I was sold. By now I hope you are too. So press play on all the tracks I've embeded in this post and get ready for a fun keyed mash up set by one of the youngest producers to come out of France.


Tour Dates:
1/12 Eurosonic noorderslag in Groningen, Netherlands
1/14 Cocoon Club in Frankfurt, Germany
1/27 BBC Radio 1 Live in Hull in Hull, UK
1/27 Sankeys in Manchester, UK
2/11 Le Bikini in Toulouse, France
2/18 Flex in Vienna, Austria
3/09 akab in Rome, Italy
3/10 Paradiso in Amsterdam, Netherlands
4/13 Coachella in Indio, CA | More Info Here
4/20 Coachella In Indio, CA | More Info Here
5/04 Landstreff Festival w/ Skrillex, Calvin Harris in Aalgaard, Norway
7/14 One Night Stand with the Swedish House Mafia in Milton Keynes, UK

Nativity

No comments:

Post a Comment