Thursday, September 6, 2012

#throwbackthursdays Rusko - Jahova


This massive anthem was probably THE first dubstep song I ever heard, and probably THE dubstep song that got me hooked to the sound several years ago. And I think that this tune just fits in with the summer vibes and the grimey, humid weather that has been blanketing Southern California the past couple of weeks now.

This had to be the song, at least when I first heard dubstep, that people had to (or at least, should have had to) know. When I first got into dubstep, this song had that whole "If you haven't heard 'Jahova' and you say you listen to dubstep, then you don't listen to dubstep" kind of impact. And I know there's a whole lot of political issues nowadays of what defines "dubstep," but that's for another day. But there's no denying that this song was and still made a huge impact on the dubstep scene today.


Enjoy!



P.S. Rusko, if you ever read this, PLEASE play Jahova at the next gig you have in Southern California. I was bummed that you didn't play it at the Palladium show NOR did you play it at EDC this year :(

No comments:

Post a Comment