Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nate Dogg - Never Leave Me Alone [Music Video]


R.I.P. Nate Dogg | Nathaniel Dwayne Hale (August 19, 1969 - March 15, 2011)

The year was 1996 and I was in the sixth grade. At the time I was slangin' mixtapes for $5.00 a pop to my classmates and the older kids in the 7th and 8th grade. This was a time before High Speed Internet|iTunes|Torrents|Facebook|Napster and the only way we were exposed to new music was through the TV|Radio|Records. I wasn't fortunate enough to have cable growing up so all I had to rely on was good 'ol FM Radio and whatever new crates of records my older cousins came home with after their diggin' trips to LA.

I remember waiting for my ride after school. Unlike G1ockz and D$ I wasn't on the basketball team at the time [or any sports for that matter] so after finishing my homework I had nothing better to do than just sit and wait. One of the older kid's ride rolled through in one of the many standard and classic Long Beach rides[don't ask me what kind of car it was. i'm not into cars]. When the passenger side door flew open I heard that bass and that thump of the chorus. I went "ah ha! i need to find that song so I can throw it on so and so's mixtape!" I quickly jotted a note in my composition notebook and proceeded to hum the hook over and over until my dad picked me up...


As DJ Qbert said, "RIP = Rappin In Paradise!"

<->Nativity<->

No comments:

Post a Comment