Friday, April 9, 2010

Fresh Anniversary


Fresh vibes + Fresh music + Fresh people = Fresh Anniversary

The first act that set it off for me was Los Angeles' very own Lazrtag. You may have heard of their remix of Crystal Castles - Crimewave. These guys got the crowd going and the kids shuffling. Up next was Mustard Pimp [Dim Mak] which gets the award for the best stage presence. eKa was rocking out during the whole set and brought me back to the days I spent at punk shows with band members jumping around trashing the place. We then took a brief break from the madness and ventured out to check the Drum & Bass/Dubstep & Trance/Harddance areas. I wasn't sure who it was at the Harddance that got things crazy but I did manage to snap a quick photo of a gentlemen doing his thing with a Light Saber. That's got to be the first and only time I've seen that at an event.



We headed back to the arena to catch Global Deejays who closed their amazing set with The Sound of San Francisco.


The vibe was great and the sounds were exceptional. As always, I end up meeting the most random and down to earth people. This was the case for the whole evening. Had a brief and interesting conversation with an older gentleman(mid 50s) who explained not only how it was his company who put the visual/light installations for the event but how he was throwing massives before I was born. All in all it was a great event and one for the crew of Fresh to be proud of. So congrats on the 5 years, we can't wait for what's to come. [Many thanks to Luke for all the help.]

No comments:

Post a Comment