Wednesday, September 21, 2011

James Blake - CMYK performance on KCRW [Live Video]


James Blake: Official | Facebook | Youtube - KCRW : Morning Becomes Eclectic

I've always wondered how he would present this song live. It's one of those special tunes that I like to think to myself, "Yeah I remember when I told you about this track and you didn't get it. Now you're all about it. It's all good though." It's like the lyrics, "Look I found her. Damn!" I guess that's how you feel when you find a song/artist/album/performance/dj/producer and you look around you and know one knows what you're talking about. Eventually/slowly/surely the people around you catch on and all they can say is, "Damn!". I've missed every single one of his performances in LA due to financial constraints [poor money management truthfully]. [Yeah I missed his surprise DJ set at Low End Theory.] Any hoo, I'm glad that everyone around me is starting to discover his music. Good music shouldn't be hoarded selfishly. It should be shared with everyone, even those who aren't quick to listen openly. When they do eventually listen, just remember to try not to tell them, "I told you so."

Nativity

No comments:

Post a Comment