Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Infrasonics - Volume 12

This week on Infrasonics, featuring new tracks by:
Specimen A, Flux Pavilion, Datsik, and DC Breaks!


Specimen A feat. David Ian – Chasing Shadows

FTECH047 - Specimen A - Chasing Shadows feat. David Ivan [Out now] by Funkatech Records
First for this batch of Infrasonics, here's the latest single by the production trio known as Specimen A. The vocal hook is pretty damn catchy and what I like about this track and its remixes are that it's got a deep bassline, but the top bass doesn't overpower the vocals or sound out of place compared to the rest of the instruments. I'm diggin' the Pyramid remix a lot, but the original mix and the breaks mix are also worthy of checking out. There's also a music video for the original mix of the single; this release just came out on Monday on Funkatech Records, so check it out and pick it up on Beatport and other online music stores!

Flux Pavilion – Bass Cannon


This track has been out for about a month already, but the music video for this dubstep banger just came out yesterday and if you haven't seen it, now's the time to do that. And if you haven't heard this track yet, have you been living under a rock? If you haven't, then I suggest you immediately pick this track up, load it up in your car, and blast it 'til you and everyone around you gets tinnitus. Getting blasted by Flux Pavilion and Doctor P's bass cannon looks a whole lot more fun than getting blasted by this bass cannon.

Datsik – Firepower


I think I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Datsik never disappoints me, let alone anything on Rottun Recordings. This is no exception. This track has a heavy bassline with those high pitched stabs I've been hearing a lot lately (see Downlink's elusive unreleased track "Factory" and Doctor P's "Watch Out"). Pick this track as well as a drum & bass remix by Levela and the B-side "Domino" on Beatport or any other music stores that sell it (although I haven't found any besides Beatport sell it at the moment).

DC Breaks – The More I Want (feat. Rox) / Take That

DC Breaks - The More I Want feat. Rox on BBC Radio 1 Fearne Cotton [Clip] by DC Breaks (UK)

Finally, to close out this week's Infrasonics, a massive release on from DC Breaks, just came out 2 days ago. I'm loving the vocals as well as the massive bass that comes when "The More I Want" drops. "Take That" is more on the harder side with a sick reese bassline and a flanging wobble that follow. Check this release out and pick it up at any online music store!


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment