Sunday, April 10, 2011

Infrasonics - Volume 11

I know I've been kind of behind with the Infrasonics posts, and I apologize, but nonetheless, here's a new installment of it. And also, be sure to listen to and download the most recent Dank Radio broadcast "Coa-Chillin'"; there's a lot of good tunes on there for when you feel like...well...chillin'.


2562 – Fever [Purchase: Bleep | Juno | Beatport]

Here we have the 3rd album from Dutch producer 2562 (who also goes under the names A Made Up Sound and Dogdaze. A pretty solid album with a lot of bass and a lot of techno influence (check out his productions as A Made Up Sound if techno's more of your cup of tea). Also, I don't know if it's me, but this album reminds me of Stimming's latest album as well, Liquorice, but not as abstract and ambient. Check it out and pick it up!

Various Artists – Back & 4th [Purchase: Bleep | Juno | Beatport]
Here's a pretty big compilation by UK label Hotflush Recordings. With big names like Joy Orbison, James Blake, Sepalcure, Mount Kimbie, and more, it's really hard to pass up on this. It's an excellent compilation of some of the best of the label's tracks thus far. It's out now on vinyl, CD, and digital download.

Katy B – Broken Record Remixes [Purchase: Bleep]


I'm a sucker for Katy B. Her voice blows me away every time I heard it on a track. Her last big single, "Katy On A Mission", which was produced by Benga, has shot her up into the UK mainstream. Now she's back with another single, "Broken Record", and also, her LP, On A Mission, is out now. The single for "Broken Record" includes remixes by Zinc, DJ Fresh, Geenus, Todd Edwards, and Jacques Greene.

Peverelist – Dance Til The Police Come / Fundamentals [Purchase: Bleep | Juno | Beatport]
Peverelist 'Dance til the Police Come' by Peverelist

I've been diggin' a lot of the more, for lack of better terms, tech-y dubstep, lately. That's probably why this release caught my attention. It's released on Hessle Audio, a UK label founded by Pearson Sound aka Ramadanman (on a side note, if you haven't picked up his Fabriclive 56, I advise you to check it out, it's amazing!) and is known for putting out quality dubstep and electronica, this release being no exception. Get it!

The Qemists – Take It Back [Purchase: Bleep | Juno | Beatport]


Here's another huge single by The Qemists on Ninja Tune. The track "Take It Back" features Enter Shikari, a post-hardcore band that I've enjoyed listening to since their first single way back when "Sorry You're Not A Winner". I also love The Qemists' rock approach towards drum & bass just because I come from a background where I played lots of instruments from guitar to bass to keys in a band, so this catches my attention really easily. This includes a remix by The Prototypes and two VIP mixes for "Take It Back" and "Dirty Words". Very, very heavy, and catchy, tracks, and I highly suggest picking them up.

AntiSerum & Ill-Esha / AntiSerum & 12th Planet – Zephyr / Purple & Gold [Purchase: Bleep | Juno | Beatport]

This release on Dub Police by San Francisco based dubstep producer Antiserum really surprised me, mainly because most of the releases he's put out have been really, really filthy and heavy bangers. But this one takes a different direction, but in a good way. It's got that smooth, sexy vibe with the leads on both of these tracks and the amount of groove and swing these drums have. Plus, judging by the fact that Antiserum and 12th Planet are both from California, it seems pretty obvious who their favorite basketball team. ;)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment